- Enhances customer engagement – humour in your sales and marketing really helps you connect with your audience. Funny interactions and campaigns increase your customers’ attention span and encourage them to participate, comment and engage.
- Builds emotional connection – when you incorporate humour, this creates positive associations for your customers. They’ll see your brand as more relatable and likeable, all of which leads to stronger connections and customer relationships.
- Differentiates your brand – smart and subtle use of humour sets your business apart from the the stuffy and staid competitors in your market. Being able to raise a laugh makes your brand more memorable and attractive in a crowded market.
- Increases message retention – humorous content can help to leave a lasting impact with consumers. This aids information recall and ensures your key messages, campaign taglines and promotional copy stay top of mind with your audience.
- Boosts brand perception – a well-executed, humorous approach creates a positive brand image, showcasing your company’s personality and approachability. As a ‘funny brand’, customers will feel good engaging with you and spending their money.
You want to be taken seriously as a business, right? But did you know that many customers and consumers actually want you to give them a laugh as well? 91% of people globally prefer brands to be funny, but 95% of business leaders fear using humour in consumer interactions.So, how do you overcome the worry about using humour in your sales and marketing? And what are the benefits of a brand that uses humour in an effective way?5 ways that humour improves your customer experienceBeing funny in a business context might sound counterintuitive. But all the evidence points to customers wanting humorous, engaging ways for you to interact with them. Humour puts people at ease in a sales environment, and a good joke or funny meme in your marketing has the potential to win prospects over and make your customers enjoy your brand.Using humour with your customers: